Mugiwara Yoshi, originally known as SMSYoshi, is an abridger and Let's Player. He was one of the founders and heads of TheMidnightFrogs, and is the original creator of their production of Sgt Frog Abridged.
TheMidnightFrogs and Personal Projects
- Sgt Frog Abridged - Creator (Seasons 1-2), Writer (Seasons 1-2); Voice of Keroro
- Ask Deep Dash and Crazy Twilight - Writer, Editor; Voice of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Spitfire, various bit characters
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Abridged - Writer; Voice of Squirtle, Chikorita, Skarmory
- Best Wishes Abridged - Writer; Voice of various bit characters
- Tamers Abridged- Writer; Voice of Jay, Takato's Dad, Various bit characters
Mugiwara Yoshi was the head of TheMidnightFrogs through SFA's initial finale. After becoming a fan of the Sgt Frog series and finding that nobody had begun a proper Abridged series, Yoshi began asking around for assistance in working on a possible Sgt Frog Abridged. He met ThornBrain and his friend DFatman, and the team account was created shortly afterward. The name is based on the Sgt Frog series, and because early-on in the team's lifetime, they came up with a majority of their funniest material very late at night.
Following SFA18, Yoshi retired from writing abridging videos in favour of his own projects.
Yoshi suggested most of the team's one-shots and other projects early on. Both Pokemon one-shots (Mystery Dungeon Abridged and Best Wishes Abridged) were his ideas.
Sgt Frog Abridged
Mugiwara Yoshi was the head writer from the series' beginning through Episode 16, after which he stepped down from writing and handed creative control to Thorn. He voices the lead character Keroro as well as a number of the bit characters. He originally traded-off with Thorn as the voice of Tamama, though Yoshi seemed to lose the ability to voice the character between Episode 3R and Episode 6, making Thorn the permanent voice actor. Yoshi only made one appearance as Tamama.
Before deciding to begin SFA, Yoshi just watched YouTube videos, read webcomics, and was a member of an RP group that currently has its own website (PLDH). He eventually started making Super Mario Bros. Z AMVs (long since deleted), and he wrote a Smash Bros fanfiction on fanfiction.net, but he never completed it.
- His father and brother
- Todd Haberkorn
- Denis Leary
- George Lopez
- Tom Kenny
- Yoshi apparently never intended to be a voice actor; his original intention was just to write scripts and oversee the project. He did not truly enjoy voicing Keroro until around Episode 4.
- His original microphone from SFA1R, SFA2R and PMDA only cost him $8. Because he saved recordings as .WMA, they gave a very noticeable hiss when rendered into a video.